I will post prayers requests here and then when they are answered I will update their status. I think it is important to see God’s work in black and white.
I appreciate any and all prayers for our little family and those who surround us. All the glory goes to God who uses everything for His good works.
I’ve been praying for months for new shoes and know that in my heart of hearts it would take an act of God for me to actually spend the kind of money on good shoes for myself. Yesterday God called me to ask out loud…
Current Prayer Requests:
Current vehicle to make it through the winter months.
- Provision for replacing current vehicle when the time comes
- Ability to build an emergency fund
- Paying off debt
$450 loan from friends to help pay the deposit on our new place that I will begin to pay back after Christmas. $600+$397 still owing to the court appointed mediator used through our divorce and subsequent co-parenting conflicts (currently making payments of $100/$25month)
- Continued peace in my heart
- A balanced budget
- Increase in work hours available
- Provision as we wait out the HUD waiting list of 6 months to a year.
- We are moving February 1, 2017 and the first month rent is $500 off. We will be on HUD the waiting list so just need to hang on until we are off the list and able to have assistance paying the rent.
- Guidance in writing the book
- Bikes/helmets for our family
- Baseball gloves for each of us
- Money for summer community activities (usually $10 – 20 per child per event)
- September 3, 2016: Shoes for me. Thank you God for calling Becky and Will to fill this need.
- February 1, 2017: New apartment. The boys and I will be moving to a three bedroom townhouse.
- September 6, 2016: The boys had a wonderful first day of school and the evening went smoothly for all of us!
- September 6, 2016: I was offered (and accepted) a job at the local middle school that is 4.25 hours each student day. This fits perfectly within the babysitting schedule and getting the boys to and from school plus it is more consistent than subbing.
- September 24, 2016: no more pain medications required for back pain thanks to physical therapy!
- October 5, 2016: A friend sent me a check for the fees to pay for hockey. I am beyond blessed.
- October 1, 2016: Child support begins in the amount of $340/month.
- November 19, 2016: Paid deposit and signed papers for a three-bedroom, two-story townhouse that is HUD approved.
- Our Christmas spent ‘at home’ (in Canada with my family) was the best Christmas I have had in many many years!!
- My hours at work have increased a little bit and I am cleaning for a family right now that gives me a few hours every couple of weeks…so that need is ongoing and continuing.
- The amount owing to the court appointed mediator is down to $397. I am currently making only $25/month payments (interest free) as I build up my emergency fund.
- So far each month our budget has balanced and things are going ok. Although God keeps telling me “I got this.” my brain has not yet learned how to shut off the worry completely (I am getting better though).